Upper Juniors – Mrs Barry
Waste – What happened in 2011 to 2012?
We reflected upon actions taken within the last academic year and the impact these had on the children’s’ lives and learning.
- Electricity –Use energy dashboard to see when electricity is being used and how we can cut down on its usage.
- New Solar panels – used to heat the pool and nursery.
- Alternative insulation continues to be used in the Nursery.
- Stopping people wasting paper in books by using all of every page.
- Teachers not using so many worksheets
- Take better care of PE equipment – and all equipment in school.
- Bin discipline – right stuff in right bins.
- Shoes donated to year 2 for plant pots
- Not waste lunches – bring what you will eat as long as it’s healthy. Must put rubbish away carefully.
- Eco Awards – keeps people thinking about being sustainable.
- Travel and Traffic Award stops the wasting of petrol and encourages children to exercise. Children felt encouraged.
Action Plan for 2012 to 2013
Ideas for the New Year;
- Ways to stop children wasting resources
- Better ways of collecting rubbish at lunchtime
- Plastic shopping bags – fashion show with plastic bags
- Fashion show with lost property
- Waste Patrol – rota from the class