St. Edmund Campion Nursery
Revised: October 2012
Governors: October 2012
——————————————————————-ADMISSIONS POLICY for the year 2013-2014
St Edmund Campion Nursery is owned by St Edmund Campion Parish and situated in the grounds of the Primary School.
St. Edmund Campion Nursery will admit children from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Admission to the Nursery does not automatically guarantee a place at St Edmund Campion Catholic Primary School. Please refer to the St Edmund Campion School Admissions Policy.
Should there be more applications than places available, the nursery will admit in the following category order:
1. Baptised Catholic children in Local Authority Care.
2. Baptised Catholic children whose families are listed on the St Edmund Campion Parish register.
3. Baptised Catholic children who live within the St Edmund Campion parish boundary.
4. Baptised Catholic siblings of children who will still be attending St. Edmund Campion School at the time of admission, this includes any stepchildren who live in the same house.
5. Baptised Catholic children who live outside the parish boundary of St Edmund Campion Parish, but whose families wish for education at St. Edmund Campion Nursery.
6. Non-catholic children in Local Authority Care
7. Non-catholic siblings of children who will still be attending St. Edmund Campion School at the time of admission, this includes stepchildren who live in the same house.
8. Other Christian children (who are members of ‘Churches Together in England’) whose families wish for education at St. Edmund Campion Nursery.
9. Other children whose families wish for education at St. Edmund CampionNursery.
Should it be necessary to discriminate between applicants within the same category, the nursery will apply the following priority order and this will apply to all categories above:
Children living nearest the nursery, based upon the door to door measurement from home to nursery.
The oversubscription criteria will be applied as fairly to children with special educational needs, or to children with a disability, as to other applicants.
If there is only one space available and the next applicant is a twin, both children will be admitted provided the oversubscription criteria is met.
Where a child lives with parents who have shared responsibility each, for part of the week, the address of the person who is on the child benefit booklet will be the house from which the distance criteria will be applied.
Documentation Required in Support of Application
Birth Certificate all categories
Child’s Baptismal Certificate categories 1, 2,3,4,5 & 8
Proof of Residence all categories
Procedures for Making an Application
Apply to the Nursery office for an Expression of Interest Form.
Families wishing to visit the nursery will be welcomed. Parents need to phone the nursery office to book a visit (01628 639 891 or email email@example.com. Please note this is not an interview).